Durabak can always be applied over itself, whether you’re looking to smooth out the texture with the smooth Durabak, or interested in changing the color, you can simply add 1 or 2 coats over the existing Durabak.
The required surface prep, will depend on when the previous coat was applied.
2 days – 6 weeks:
-Lightly rough up the surface, like with 100 grit
-Very gently wipe with xylene or Solvide.
6 weeks & Longer:
-Aggressively rough up the surface, with 40 grit
-Gently wipe down with xylene or Solvide.
- Truck Bed or Exterior Textured application
- Truck Exterior Smooth Application
- Fiberglass boat application
- Aluminum boat application
- Aluminum Boat application – Painted
- Aluminum Boat application – Bare or Carpet Removed
- Wood application
- Bare Metal Application
- Concrete application
- Plastic Application
- Bumper, Fender Flares application
- Rubber application
- Epoxy surface application
- Durabak Reapplication
- Durabak Adhesion Test