Durabak Adhesion Test
Before applying Durabak, always do a small test for adhesion:
-Clean surface thoroughly with a non-chlorinated detergent.
-Roughen surface with 40-grit sandpaper
-Once completely dry, apply 1st coat of Durabak
-Once touch dry (normally 1-2 hrs), apply 2nd coat of Durabak
-Let dry for a couple of days.
-Take a screwdriver and try to peel the Durabak off the surface. (The Durabak isn’t fully cured yet, so you should be able to get under it).
-If it comes up in small pieces, you have a good bond.
-If it comes up in sheets, you need to prime with something compatible with the substrate, and which can be overcoated with a polyurethane.
-Repeat the adhesion test with the new primer.
- Truck Bed or Exterior Textured application
- Truck Exterior Smooth Application
- Fiberglass boat application
- Aluminum boat application
- Aluminum Boat application – Painted
- Aluminum Boat application – Bare or Carpet Removed
- Wood application
- Bare Metal Application
- Concrete application
- Plastic Application
- Bumper, Fender Flares application
- Rubber application
- Epoxy surface application
- Durabak Reapplication
- Durabak Adhesion Test